Saturday, October 25, 2008

Help.

A letter to the editor in the Plain Dealer on Friday:

Is this Cleveland or Sodom?

Is Cleveland so hard up for money that we need to push aside our morals and integrity and vie to host the 2014 Gay Games (Plain Dealer, Oct. 16)? Are we condoning homosexuality by courting this event? It's bad enough that gay marriages are being legalized.

I'm sure that I am going to upset a lot of people, but I'm sorry. I'm no Bible thumper, but please tell me where in the Bible it says that men are to be with men and women are to be with women? If there is such a passage in the Bible, then I will gladly shut up.

-Juanita Solis, Cleveland


Interestingly enough, on the Plain Dealer website, the letter is called "Cleveland should let Gay Games go elsewhere."

On the upside, the Plain Dealer endorsed Obama.

No comments: