Sunday, September 14, 2008

Grocery store hijinks

My first trip to the grocery store in Cleveland involved some googling. I clearly don't know shit about this town, but I needed milk. It seems that there aren't too many options for grocery stores. There's a Whole Foods, which I didn't want to go to, and a Trader Joe's kind of far away. The standard issue grocery stores are Dave's Market and Giant Eagle (or Giant Iggle, to Pittsburghers--no kidding).

So I got directions to the Giant Eagle nearby. Every single customer except me was black.

The next time I went to the store, I tried the Dave's Market, about the same distance from my house as the Giant Eagle. The customers were white.

There is some very weird shit going on in this town.

For the record, my car was probably the beater-iest car in either parking lot.

No comments: